The North (Interesting Things to do & See)
Grand Bay is a seaside village and a large tourist beach in the district of Rivière du Rempart on the island of Mauritius.
- Pereybere — The wonderful Pereybere a small public beach one of the most popular beaches in Mauritius
- Balaclava Ruins — A few metres away from Baie aux Tortues, which 17th century sailors named after the many tortoises in the area, can be found the ruins of the old Balaclava.
- The Labourdonnais Orchards — Discover a large variety of tropical fruit trees, and colourful and perfumed exotic flowers.
- The Caudan Waterfront — The Caudan Waterfront offer a great shopping experience in the capital Port Louis
- The SSR Botanical Garden The SSR botanical garden is the oldest botanical garden in the Southern Hemisphere. It was founded by Pierre Poivre (1719 – 1786)
East (Interesting Things to do & See)
- Ile aux Cerfs — A small paradise island near the district of Trou d'eau douce known for water sports and the most beautiful beaches in Mauritius.
South East (Interesting Things to do & See)
- Dutch Ruins — At Vieux Grand Port, the oldest settlement in Mauritius, you can see the ruins of the first Dutch fortifications.
- Ile aux Aigrettes — As a result of the remarkable work accomplished by the Mauritius Wildlife Fund, the island has become an international standard for the protection of natural resources and endangered species.
- Blue Bay— Clear blue water and most amazing white sand beaches in Mauritius. Take the glass bottom boats and discover the Marine Park of Blue Bay.
West (Interesting Things to do & See)
- Flic en Flac — Flic en Flac has a very long white sandy beach stretching down the west coast to Tamarin .
- Chamarel — The coloured earths of Chamarel one of the most beatiful natural attraction of Mauritius Island
- Salt Pans — Tamarin is the heart of salt production in Mauritius.
- Casela Nature & Leisure Park : Situated in the Rivière Noire district, the Casela Nature & Leisure Park stretches over 25 hectares. It contains more than 140 bird species from five continents and is home to many other animals like giant tortoises, zebras, a tiger and ostriches. Activities like walking with lions, Rando Fun (ziplines & hanging bridges), quad, buggy & Segway.
- Yemen Yemen Reserve may not be the largest game reserve on the island, but there is still lots to see.
The Interior (Interesting Things to do & See)
- Black River Gorges This national park of 6,574 hectares (16,244 acres) was created in 1994 for the protection of Mauritius’ remaining native forests.
- Eureka, an old Creole residence built in 1830, Eureka is an essential place to visit during your stay in Mauritius if you wish to immerse yourself in vestige of a colonial era.
- L’Aventure du Sucre, Visit an interactive and ultra modern exhibition situated at the heart of an ancient sugar mill and discover the fascinating history of Mauritius and its sugarcane adventure exposed over 5000 sq meters.